play.royale-mc.com
Click to copy IP
discord.gg/69cqBHD
Click to join
Welcome to RoyaleMC!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer: Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.
New Guidelines for Item Transfers
iiLucky_ Owner
Admin Member
12 posts
12 topics
7 months ago

Howdy folks, 

I wish I was coming with better news this time around but we have to move forward and get this announcement out. By no means does it provide joy, but after a long personal mental debate. I’ve decided on the new guidelines for transferring items from Survival Reborn to Survival 3.0 due to unforeseen issues that we are running into with the current system. Due to the circumstances, I’m going to be as clear and honest as possible regarding this topic to minimize any misunderstandings. So let's jump into the details…

Why the change compared to what was previously announced?

For those that were around for the reset from Towny to Reborn, you will know that the way we handled item transfers was a very manual task and only allowed a certain amount of items, no duplicates, and one chest. You then had to open a ticket with the cords to the chest, then we had to note the items and manually spawn each item on the Reborn server. This alone took weeks to do for all players. 

This time around, we have tried to mainstream this by using plots, and a transfer world. The idea behind it was going to speed up the process and have the items at our fingertips without having to run a million commands and spend countless hours spawning items thousands of times. On initial testing, this was a success. We tried it again now that we have a lot more data within the plots to carry over and are finding items corrupting between the carry over between the servers. We have spent hours trying to find a way to resolve this issue but are not able to. I’m expecting that since the world on Reborn is generated on 1.19.2 and importing it onto the latest version is causing issues but I’m not sure. 

What this means is that minimizing the manual tasks is no longer available and will require us to spawn every single item into the new Survival 3.0 server. We are talking weeks of standing in these plots, sorting the items, and then re-spawning each one in. Some players have multiple double chests full of full shulkers and thousands of items. To make it very clear, here is the workload we would be performing:

• Reviewing all the items within the plots and remove any that do not meet the approved list

• Pull out the shulkers from each chest, then pull the items out of the shulkers

• Replace each of the items and spawn them in fresh (this would be thousands of give commands between the different plugins..)

• Put the items back in the shulker

• Put the shulker back in the chest

A double chest full of filled shulkers would take hours to complete even with multiple staff working on the same chest. 

With all of that said and explained, I will not be forcing staff to spend countless hours spawning thousands of items when we need to be focusing elsewhere. Now let's jump into what is changing…

New Guidelines

Each player will be able to bring ONE shulker full of tools, weapons, furniture, artmaps, invisible item frames, etc. We have set up a new plot for each player to be able to claim within the /warp transfer world. Each plot is already set up with 7 color shulkers and signs to describe exactly what goes in which shulker. 

Red Shulker = Weapons

Green Shulker = Tools

Brown Shulker = Armor and Shields

Blue Shulker = Cosmetic Accessories (hats, backpacks, wings)

Yellow Shulker = Furniture

Black/White Shulkers = Mix between Art Maps, Invis Item Frames, O-bitch-uaires (I know it’s spelled wrong.. Gotta add some humor here)

You can take duplicates of any item but you ONLY get one shulker. If you want to take 27 of the same sword that is perfectly fine.

Again no:

• Slimefun items

• Any item or any kind that provides a unfair advantage (keys, pouches, etc etc)

If we find any attempts, we will simply wipe the plot and move onto the next when replacing items. 

With this change, instead of having to replace upwards of ten thousand plus items, we limit ~189 items per player (all shulkers combined) that we need to manually spawn in saving hours and weeks of work.

Friendly Note From Myself

Without a doubt we have been hard at work on the reset and finding a happy medium to allow item transfers. If we have thousands of dollars and a dev team to pay to build us a last minute plugin.. Things would be different but unfortunately we are not and never have intentions of getting that big. We use what we have available and sometimes that requires making decisions. 

With these changes some are going to be more upset compared to others. Here is what I can say, we spent 6+ hours today trying to find a way to keep our players happy but at the same time keep it manageable and this was the final decision. At one point in the brain storming we discussed just completely starting fresh with no item transfers as a whole. We knew that wasn’t going to be an option we would want to move forward with even though it would be the easiest option. We wouldn’t have had to put all of this together, but we are always thinking about the community and our players.

If you have any issues with these changes, message me directly on Discord and I’d be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have. There is no need to explode in the other channels. You want to voice your opinion that is fine. You want to complain endlessly and rant, do it to me directly I’d be more than happy to discuss directly.

Some Good News…
Reset is looking very good and have been working on getting things fine tuned. At this rate we might be looking at an open BETA testing period come Friday for a few hours to let players jump in early, claim a limited time tag, and report any issues prior to a full release.

Last edited: 7 months ago

Kind Regards,
Lucky
Owner of RoyaleMC